Sunday, January 31, 2010

Resolutions for the New Year....

This year I thought I would try something new. I have been wanting to start a new family blog for a very long time. One that is personal and is just about us. It's time I get going and do what I said I was going to do. I have so enjoyed reading many blogs that belong to friends and family. I have kind of looked at it as a personal family journal. Knowing myself, I know that I do not have the time to post a lot, but I would like to make it a goal for this year to at least post something new each month. I think I can handle that.

Each year I go through a personal check up and evaluate myself. I love to make the "New Years Resolution List" each year. It is something I have done since I was little. My 2 biggest mistakes that I make each year are 1. I make my list too big and 2. I don't refer back to it through out the year like I should.

This year my list is short & VERY simple. (In no particular order)

1. Create a new family blog and make an entry at least once a month
2. Try to focus on the things that matter most
3. Be a better listener to my children and exert a little more patience when needed
4. Try to find joy in ALL the things I do
5. Try to create a little time for myself and start a new hobby
6. Stay in better touch with my family and friends
7. Improve myself, the possibilities are endless

and a few others that I think at this time I will keep to myself.


Let me just say~ I love the month of January. It always brings a renewed hope for a new year and for bigger and better things to come. I love the beautiful frost covered mornings and the cozy feeling of being at home. Every New Years Day we have our annual sledding party. This year we invited extended family to join us. It was SO much fun and every one had such a great time.

I also look forward to the things my kids have coming up throughout the year. Christian starts his Eagle project for scouts this Spring. He would like to do something for Hati with it being so heavily on our minds. We may have a few possible resources that may be really good for him to persue. We are excited to get it going. Ethan wants to play baseball again as well as football. Zach is excited for soccer to start again. As for Avary, we love watching the world through her eyes. Every day is a new and exciting adventure. One other thing that happened this month is my brother and sister-in-law are expecting a new baby this Fall. We are so excited for them.

Ok so this is a very small beginning on the blogging, but I am excited to add more as time goes by and hopefully not a 1 am. So I end my first post with "Good bye and good night!"

3 comments:

  1. so cute i love it..your family is adorable,and those are great goals...i need to do a few of those to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the Blog. It's alot of fun and better than Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, this is fun! It's great to hear how all the kids are doing. I can't believe Christian is already starting his Eagle project. That's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete